Investors are waiting to see if the same European regulatory issues that affected Facebook‘s and Twitter‘s user numbers will have an effect on Snap’s latest earnings report.
- Estimated loss per share: 17 cents, per a Thomson Reuters consensus estimate
- Estimated revenue: $ 250.4 million, per a Thomson Reuters consensus estimate
- Estimated global daily active users (DAUs): 192.0 million, according to StreetAccount and FactSet estimates; that would be barely any growth from last quarter’s figure of 191 million.
- Estimated North American (DAUs): 81.3 million, according to StreetAccount and FactSet estimates
- Estimated European (DAUs): 62.9 million, , according to StreetAccount and FactSet estimates
This past quarter includes the enactment of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the European Union, a set of regulations that gave people in the region more control over their online data. Facebook and Twitter’s European daily active user rates dipped in part due to GDPR. Those platforms have also faced controversy over user privacy, but Snapchat’s more private nature has let it escape with less scrutiny.